My walk in life with Him - Isaiah 41:10

Nuffnang



Author


Charisse. Volunteerism enthusiast. Photographer. Pianist. Fashion.
Created Part Time Adhoc Job Facebook Page to provide a free and convenient avenue for people seeking jobs.

Story snippets on @charisseyl

Email: charisseyl@gmail.com

facebook-logo-thumbs-up By: TwitterButtons.com
Instagram

Speak



All About Food



Beauty



Bangkok



Fur Kids



The Peninsula Hong Kong Egg Custard Mooncake

Saturday, September 07, 2013

The Peninsula Hong Kong 
Egg Custard Mooncake


If you do follow me on instagram, you probably know that I have kinda raved about this mooncake!


I do eat mooncakes during the season. However, I do not take a liking to the yolks in there. The lotus paste ones (Nian Yong) are quite alright for me. Though not my ultimate favourite. I kind of like the yam ones. 


I have tried Snow Skin ones in chocolate with rum. Hmm, not my favourite either. Ate just pure chocolate ones and of cos duh, chocolates!!!!! 


However, I still am not fond of mooncakes for years. Definitely not something I would crave.


....TILL THIS.






My colleague brought this to work, and shared with us. My first impression was, mooncake? Like hmm, okay give it a try. Just before I'm due for a training, I pop half of this into my mouth and quickly run to the meeting room. 


Gosh, I totally didn't expect it to be so delectable


First, the size of this is roughly about half the size of a normal baked skin mooncake. And 2/3 the size of a snow skin mooncake. 


Price: SGD$46 for 8 of these cute small little things.


Their outer crust is similar to those pineapple tart outer crust, the softer and chewy kind. Kind of fragrant to smell #teehee


The inner has an eggy taste (like duh!) and not overly sweet like the lotus paste ones. It is not like the custard puff we eat, not that gooey or soft. But it's a chewy texture that melts in my mouth! Yummy!


I quickly wrote down the name and told C about it. Didn't expect he went down takashimaya to get it for me a week later (which is yesterday!) 



You guys can read more reviews here: http://danielfooddiary.com/2013/08/12/peninsula-mooncakes/ and http://hk.lifestyleasia.com/features/wine-and-dine/10-best-hong-kong-mooncakes-to-buy-now/


Run down to Takashimaya at Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City for mooncake shopping!!! 




Love, Charisse

Labels: , , ,

Love, Charisse | 9:56 AM | 0 Comments | Direct Post Link




← older entries
newer entries →
Design/Coding: Michelle